Allow the lamb to marinate over night for extra flavour.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 pinch Black Pepper
1 tsp Chinese 5 Spice
2 tbsp Garlic
1 tsp Ground Coriander
1 - Lemon
zest and juice
200 g Natural Yogurt
1 pinch Salt
0.5 tsp SuperValu Chilli Flakes
1 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Ginger
8 - SuperValu Naan Bread
2 kg SuperValu Signature Tastes Irish Lamb Shoulder 400g
off the bone
0.5 tsp SuperValu Smoked Paprika
2 tbsp Turmeric
- Combine the yogurt, the spices, lemon zest and juice, garlic, ginger and some salt and pepper in a large bowl. Rub the marinade over the lamb shoulder and leave to marinate for 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 160oC/gas mark 3.
- Wipe the marinade off the lamb and place the lamb on a roasting tray. Roast the lamb for 4 hours for a 2kg shoulder (or 30 minutes per pound).
- Meanwhile, to make the tzatziki, combine the yogurt, lemon zest and juice, grated cucumber, garlic, dill and some salt and pepper in a bowl. Set aside until needed.
- When you're ready to serve, warm some flatbreads in the oven for 5 minutes or as per the packet instructions. Carve the lamb into thin slices and add to the flatbreads with a dollop of tzatziki.