You will need a large Pan and a blender or hand blender
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 sticks Celery
1.5 L Chicken Stock Cube
4 - SuperValu Carrot
1 tbsp SuperValu Dried Thyme
2 cloves SuperValu Garlic
1 - SuperValu Onion
2 - SuperValu Parsnip
3 - SuperValu Potatoes
1 - SuperValu Swede
- In an extra large pan slowly soften the onion and celery in some oil or butter.
- Once soft add the carrots and parsnips and sweat for 10 minutes on a low heat making sure to stir (add a small amount of stock or water if it starts to stick).
- Meanwhile make up your stock.
- Into your carrots and parsnips add in the Swede and sweat for a further 5 minutes and finally add the potato and stock (add just enough stock to cover the vegetables).
- Stir in the thyme and garlic cloves and simmer with the lid on for 30 mins or until everything is soft.
- Ladel into a blender or use a hand blender and serve with some crusty bread or as a side to a larger dish.