Serve these smokey bacon and sweet potato cakes with scrambled eggs for breakfast.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 pinch Black Pepper
1 - Eggs
1 - Onion
1 pinch Salt
2 tbsp SuperValu Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 - SuperValu Fresh Basil
4 slices SuperValu Smoked Bacon Rashers
0.5 tsp SuperValu Smoked Paprika
2 medium Sweet Potatoes
peeled and thinly sliced
This recipe makes 4 potato cakes
- Steam the sweet potato slices for approximately 20 minutes, until soft.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a frying pan set over a medium-high heat. Fry the bacon and onion for 2–3 minutes, until the onions brown.
- Mash the sweet potatoes in a large bowl with the beaten egg before adding the cooked bacon and onion mix. Add the chopped basil, smoked paprika and some salt and pepper, then form the mixture into 4 cakes.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large pan set over a medium-high heat. Fry the potato cakes for about 4 minutes on each side, until the outsides are golden and the insides are heated through or for a healthier option, bake in the oven for 18 - 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with scrambled eggs.