Once you do all the prep work, these are easy peasy to make.
Serves: 4 people
1 pinch Black Pepper
5 - Eggs
1 drop Rapeseed Oil
1 pinch Salt
100 g SuperValu Fresh Breadcrumbs
2 sprigs SuperValu Fresh Thyme
3 - SuperValu Jumbo Sausages
1 drop Brown Sauce 485g
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
2. Cook four of the eggs in boiling water for 5 minutes, then plunge into cold water and carefully peel them once they’re cool enough to handle.
3. Squeeze the sausage meat into a bowl, discarding the skins, then stir in the thyme leaves. Crack the remaining egg in a separate shallow bowl and lightly beat, then place the breadcrumbs in a third shallow bowl.
4. Divide the sausage mixture into four pieces, then shape each piece around an egg and carefully roll into a round until the egg is completely enclosed in the sausage meat. Roll each round in the beaten egg, then the breadcrumbs until fully coated.
5. Heat 5cm of oil in a deep pan to 180°C and carefully fry the scotch eggs in batches for about 2 minutes, until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper to absorb the excess oil, then transfer to a baking tray and bake in the oven for 5 minutes, until the sausage is completely cooked through. Cut the eggs into halves or quarters, season with a pinch of salt and pepper and serve with a small bowl of brown sauce on the side.