By Kevin Dundon
Although parmesan fries are always a popular choice, as an alternative why not try Signature Taste Comte Cheese for a stronger flavour.
Preparation time: 5 minutes•
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 people
1. Preheat a deep fat fryer to 160˚C.
2. Place the sweet potato batons into the fryer basket and blanch for 3-4 minutes until crispy.
3. Remove into a colander lined with kitchen paper and let drain for a few minutes. Increase the temperature of the deep fat fryer to 200˚C.
4. Rub the 2 tbsp. oil into the steaks and a season well. Keep aside until ready to grill.
5. Then, prepare 2 bowls. In the first bowl, whisk the egg whites until frothy. In the second bowl, combine the corn flour with half of the grated parmesan.
6. When the sweet potatoes have cooled, carefully toss firstly in the frothy egg white and then in the parmesan mixture. Keep aside for a few minutes. Add the coated sweet potatoes chips in the fryer and fry for 2-3 minutes until the corn flour and parmesan create a crunchy coating. Remove from the heat into a colander and sprinkle with more parmesan.
7. In the meantime, heat a griddle pan or a barbecue over a medium/high heat. Sear the steaks for 3-5 minutes then flip and continue cooking 3-4 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
8. Remove the steaks from the pan to rest and serve immediately with the crispy parmesan sweet potatoes.