This beef meal is rich in flavour without requiring too much preparation - perfect for a Sunday lunch.
Serves: 4 people
1 pinch Black Pepper
50 g Butter
2 cloves Garlic
4 tbsp Olive Oil
1 medium Onion
2 - Rib of Beef
1 pinch Salt
12 - SuperValu Baby Potatoes
1 sprig SuperValu Fresh Rosemary
2 sprigs SuperValu Fresh Thyme
4 stem SuperValu Organic Cherry Vine Tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 200oC/gas mark 6.
- Rub 2 tablespoons of the oil over the beef ribs. Heat an ovenproof frying pan or griddle pan until it's smoking hot, then add the ribs. Caramelise on all sides and season well, then sprinkle with the rosemary and transfer to the oven for 25 to 30 minutes for medium, or longer if desired. Remove the beef from the oven and place the ribs on a board covered with foil to rest for 10 minutes.
- Place the cherry tomatoes and crushed garlic in the pan that you used for the ribs and place it back in the oven for 10 minutes while the meat is resting.
- While the beef is cooking, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and the butter in a frying pan set over a medium-low heat. Add the sliced potatoes and fry for 10 minutes, until the potatoes are nearly cooked through, then add the onions and thyme and continue to cook for a further 4 to 5 minutes, until the potatoes and onions are completely softened. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Serve the sauté potatoes on a platter with the carved beef.
Good source of iron