This is a great lunch box filler for the kids!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
0 - Penne Pasta
or any other kind of pasta
1 pinch Black Pepper
0.5 clove Garlic
1 small Lemon
1 handfull Parmesan Cheese
0 - SuperValu Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 handfull SuperValu Fresh Basil
leaves picked and chopped
1 handfull SuperValu Pine Nuts
very lightly toasted
1 pinch SuperValu Salt
- Pound the garlic with a little pinch of salt and the basil leaves in a pestle and mortar, or pulse in a food processor.
- Add a bit more garlic if you like, but I usually stick to ½ a clove.
- Add the pine nuts to the mixture and pound again.
- Turn out into a bowl and add half the Parmesan.
- Stir gently and add olive oil – you need just enough to bind the sauce and get it to an oozy consistency.
- Season to taste, then add most of the remaining cheese.
- Pour in some more oil and taste again. Keep adding a bit more cheese or oil until you are happy with the taste and consistency.
- You may like to add a squeeze of lemon juice at the end to give it a little twang, but it's not essential.
- Cook some pasta, mix in the pesto and enjoy!