This comforting dish is perfect for family mid week meals.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 pinch Black Pepper
1 knob Butter
2 cloves Garlic
8 - Lamb Chops
(approx. 100g each)
30 g Milk
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp Plain Flour
1 tsp Redcurrant Jelly
1 pinch Salt
500 g Spinach
3 sprigs SuperValu Fresh Rosemary
400 g SuperValu Potatoes
peeled and cut into large chunks
350 ml Vegetable Stock
- Cut the garlic cloves in half and rub the cut side over the lamb chops. Sprinkle half of the rosemary over the chops and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the potatoes in a pan of salted water and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until they are cooked through and tender. Drain well, then return to the pot and add the milk and a pinch of salt and pepper. Leave on a very low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying pan and lightly cook the spinach for about 30 seconds, until it has wilted right down. Add to the potatoes and mash together until the potatoes are smooth.
- Wipe the frying pan clean, then add the olive oil and place the pan over a medium heat. Add the lamb chops and cook for 5 to 6 minutes on each side. The meat should be lightly pink but not bloody. Transfer to a hot plate and keep warm.
- Blend the flour into the pan juices and cook for 30 seconds. Gradually blend in the stock and jelly and bring to the boil, stirring constantly until the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Put the lamb chops back in the pan for about 1 minute to warm them through. Serve with the mashed potatoes and garnish with the remaining chopped rosemary.