This tasty midweek meal can be prepared with little or no fuss. The beauty of this dish is that you can cook two gratins and freeze one for a later date.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 2 people
Add all ingredients Select All
150 ml Beef Stock
1 tin Chopped Tomatoes
3 cloves Garlic
1 pack Lean Round Steak Mince
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 - Red Onion
1 - Red Pepper
deseeded and diced
1 - SuperValu Courgette
1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
* This recipe makes two gratins
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas mark 5.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan set over a medium heat. Add the onion, pepper, courgette and garlic and sweat gently for 3 to 4 minutes, until the vegetables have softened. Add the beef and allow it to brown a little before adding the tomatoes, stock and Worcestershire sauce, if using. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 6 to 7 minutes.
- To make the topping, mix everything together until well combined.
- Divide the beef mixture evenly between 2 gratin dishes and sprinkle over the topping. Wrap one of the gratins in cling film, label and date and pop it in the freezer. Defrost thoroughly before cooking at a later date.
- To cook the remaining gratin, place the dish onto a flat baking tray and pop it into the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until it’s bubbling and piping hot.