This tasty pie can be made up to the stage where the pie is fully
assembled and then frozen instead. You’ll need to cook it at 160°C and add an extra 15 minutes to the cooking time, or until it’s piping hot in the centre. If cooking straight from the freezer you must defrost it thoroughly in the fridge overnight.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 5 people
Add all ingredients Select All
50 g Butter
5 cloves Garlic
1 - Leek
3 tbsp Olive Oil
1 pinch Pepper
2 packets Ready-rolled filo pastry
2 - Red Onions
1 pinch Salt
250 g Signature Tastes Piccolo Cherry Tomatoes
100 g SuperValu Baby Spinach
3 tbsp SuperValu Oregano
200 g SuperValu Signature Tastes Greek Feta Cheese
600 ml SuperValu Tomato Passata
200 ml Water
or lamb stock
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Lightly oil a 30cm tin or a 25cm x 38cm rectangular baking dish.
2. Pour 2 tablespoons of the olive oil into a heavybased casserole and place over a high heat. Add the lamb pieces and brown the meat. Add the onions, leek and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, then pour in the passata and stock. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat, cover the casserole and simmer gently for 40 to 50 minutes, until the meat easily breaks up. Remove the casserole from the heat and leave to cool, uncovered.
3. Put the cherry tomatoes, feta, spinach and oregano in a large bowl along with some salt and pepper and toss gently to combine, then add to the casserole and stir to combine.
4. Open up the filo pastry and place on a work surface. Cover with a damp cloth so that it doesn’t dry out. Layer half of the filo sheets in the greased tin or baking dish, allowing the edges to hang over the sides. Brush each filo layer with
5. Pour the lamb and spinach mixture in on top of the filo, then layer the rest of the filo sheets over.Tuck in the pastry, draping over the edges.
6. Bake the pie in the oven for approximately 20 minutes, until golden brown.