By Kevin Dundon
Short of time and no time to prep the burger? Why not try the Signature Taste beef burger that are now readily available!.
Replace the cheddar with Signature Taste Tipperary brie for a melting new flavour.
Preparation time: 30 minutes•
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Serves: 4 people
1. Preheat the barbecue.
2. Place the minced beef into a large mixing bowl and add in the finely sliced onions and garlic and chilli flakes. Mix in the breadcrumbs and chopped parsley. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Add in the egg and combine the mixture together with your hands using the egg as a binding agent.
3. Divide the mixture into 4 and shape them into ½ inch thick patties. Allow to rest in the fridge for at least 20 minutes or longer covered.
4. Make sure the barbecue or a griddle pan is preheated. Oil the barbecue ridge or drizzle some oil on a griddle pan and add the burgers.
5. Cook on both sides for 4 – 5 minutes each side until cooked through - depending on thickness you maybe need an extra 2-3 minutes over indirect heat or lower heat with the griddle pan.
6. In the meantime drizzle the halved burger buns with olive oil and reheat on barbecue. Immediately add the burgers, cheese slices, cooked bacon, the tomatoes and a good dollop of mayonnaise and tomato relish. Serve immediately.