Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 6 people
Add all ingredients Select All
For teh Biscuits
150 g Sweet Pastry
For the Cupcakes
60 g Butter
60 g Caster Sugar
1 medium Egg
60 g Self-Raising Flour
- Preheat the oven to 160˚C. Line 6 cupcake paper holders in a baking tray.
- In a bowl, beat the butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy. Next, add in the egg then the self-rising flour. Stir until fully incorporated.
- Divide and fill the cupcake tray and place in the oven for 20 minutes until cooked through. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, roll out the sweet pastry and with a biscuit cutter cut 6 biscuits to the size of the cupcake, cut out a hollow with a second smaller heart shape cutter (or use a paper made template and a small knife).
- Place the heart shaped biscuit in the oven and bake for 7 to 9 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Next, prepare the icing. In a bowl, combine the icing sugar with the raspberry jam and lemon juice until a thick paste is achieved. Spoon enough over each cupcake and place the biscuit on the top.
- Serve within a few days with extra fresh raspberries.