Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 12 people
Add all ingredients Select All
FOR THE CUPCAKES
2 tsp Baking Powder
140 g Butter
250 g Carrots
150 g Caster Sugar
140 g Dried Mixed Fruit
2 medium Eggs
, lightly beaten
20 g Ground Almonds
2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
200 g Plain Flour
50 g mixed nuts
, chopped finely
- Preheat oven to 150˚C. Line a 12-muffin tray with cupcake holders.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until soft and creamy, then add in the grated carrot, dried fruit mix and the eggs. Combine until smooth.
- Sift the flour into the wet mixture and then stir in the ground almonds, cinnamon, baking powder and nuts, mix well.
- Pour into the cupcake holders, then bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then remove from the tin and cool completely on a wire rack.
- To finish, prepare the icing. Beat the cream cheese, butter and icing sugar with the orange zest and vanilla extract until thick and creamy.
- Spread on the cooled cupcake or place in the fridge for 30 minutes to cool for a stiffer icing(it will be easier using a piping bag and
a nozzle to decorate!)
- Top with toasted desiccated coconut. Enjoy within a day or store in a tight container in the fridge for a week.