Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 7 people
Add all ingredients Select All
200 g Sweets
, to decoarte
For the Cake
1 tbsp Baking Powder
75 ml Boiling Water
75 g Butter
100 g Caster Sugar
35 g Cocoa Powder
125 g Dark Brown Sugar
2 medium Eggs
3 tbsp Milk
120 g flour
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C. Grease and line an 8-inch heart shaped cake tins with greaseproof paper.
- Add boiling water in jug and whisk in the cocoa powder until smooth and set aside.
- In a second bowl, place the butter and sugar and beat until well combined. Beat in the eggs and flour, baking powder, milk and mix until combined.
- Pour in the cocoa mixture and combine until smooth. Pour the mixture in the cake tin. Place into the oven and bake for 20- 25 minutes until the cake is cooked through. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- In a saucepan, bring to boil the cream and remove from the heat. Combine the chocolate until smooth. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes until cool and thick enough to be spreadable.
- Remove the cake from the tin and place on a cake platter. Spread the chocolate ganache and decorate to candy sweet of your choice. Set aside for 30 minutes to set and enjoy!