By Kevin Dundon
I prefer to use Birdseye chillies as they give the sauce a serious kick, use larger chillis for a milder kick – but definitely not a Scotch Bonnet!
Preparation time: 10 minutes•
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 people
1. Heat a griddle pan or barbecue to a medium heat.
2. Place the chopped garlic, torn parsley and coriander, shallot, chilli, lime juice and olive oil in a bowl and combine with an extra dash of red wine vinegar. Combine to the mayonnaise, check the seasoning and keep aside until needed.
3. In a bowl, combine the quartered cherry tomatoes and red onion, and salad leaves. Drizzle with 1 tbsp. vinegar and olive oil. Toss and and set aside to marinate for a few minutes.
4. Then, place the chicken fillet between 2 sheets of parchment paper. Using a rolling pin gently beat the chicken fillet to flatten them to about 1.5 cm thick. Remove the top parchment paper and rub with olive oil and some salt and pepper.
5. Place the chicken fillet on the barbecue and grill for 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove from the griddle pan and rest for a 1 -2 minutes.
6. Place the chicken on toasted bun, some tomato salad and top with the chimichurri mayonnaise. Serve immediately.