An easy peasy recipe that’s great as a canapé for a cocktail party to serve with a glass of bubbly.
Serves: 12 people
1 pinch Cayenne Pepper
4 tbsp Mayonnaise
1 drop Olive Oil
1 - Red Chilli
deseeded and very finely chopped
1 pinch Salt
2 - SuperValu Baguette
225 g SuperValu Crab Meat
2 - SuperValu Lemons
24 - SuperValu Prawns
2 tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
6 drops Tabasco Sauce
*This recipe makes 24.
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas mark 5.
2. Cut the baguettes into 24 thin slices in total. Brush the bread with a little oil and place on a baking tray. Toast in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, until crisp. Allow to cool.
3. Flake the crab meat into a bowl, then pick through it to make sure there are no stray pieces of shell.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the chilli, Tabasco and cayenne pepper. Season with a pinch of salt, then fold in the crab.
5. Divide the crab meat between the toasts and top each one with a cooked prawn. Drizzle with a little sweet chilli sauce and garnish with a sprinkle of lemon zest.