These cookies are a delicious afternoon treat for kids and adults! Choose your own filling to get the kids involved. Peanut butter can be replaced with SuperValu Hazelnut Spread.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 8 people
Add all ingredients Select All
0.5 tsp Baking Powder
2 - Egg
190 g SuperValu Butter
(40g + 150g)
150 g SuperValu Caster Sugar
200 g SuperValu Dark Chocolate
80 g SuperValu Icing Sugar
50 g SuperValu Plain Flour
150 g SuperValu Signature Tastes Milk Chocolate
50 g SuperValu Smooth Peanut Butter
1. Preheat oven to 180˚C. In a bowl, over a saucepan of simmering water, melt the dark chocolate and the 40g of butter. Set aside.
2. Using a food mixer, place the eggs and caster in the bowl and whisk for 8-10 minutes until pale and creamy. Sieve in the flour and baking powder and gently fold.
3. Stir through the melted chocolate mixture and remaining chocolate and allow to settle for 15 minutes, covered with cling film.
4. Now prepare the buttercream: In a bowl, combine the icing sugar, 150g butter, and peanut butter until smooth. Beat well for a few minutes until pale and light. Cover with cling film and set aside at room temperature until needed.
5. Line two baking trays with parchment paper. Using two tablespoons, spoon on the chocolate mixture with a 3cm space in between.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until puffed and cracked. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on trays before lifting.
7. Spread half the cookies with the peanut butter cream and sandwich with the remaining cookies.