Serve this classic chargrilled beef steak with roasted cherry tomatoes and mixed leaves, with the horseradish creme fraiche on the side.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 pinch Black Pepper
200 g Cherry Tomatoes
2 cloves Garlic
4 tbsp Olive Oil
1 pinch Salt
1 bunch SuperValu Mixed Salad Leaves
4 - SuperValu Quality Irish Beef Striploin
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Preheat the barbecue or a griddle pan to a medium-high heat.
- Place the tomatoes on a baking tray. Scatter over the chopped garlic, drizzle with 1 teaspoon of the oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes in the oven or for 5 minutes on the barbecue with the lid on, until the tomatoes have slightly softened. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, to make the horseradish crème fraîche, place the crème fraîche, horseradish sauce and lemon juice in a bowl and stir well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Brush the steaks with the remaining olive oil. Just before cooking, season them generously with salt and pepper. Cook the steaks to your liking on the barbecue or griddle pan: 2 minutes on each side for rare, 4 minutes on each side for medium and 5 to 6 minutes on each side for well done. Don’t move the meat while it’s cooking – just turn it once to allow nice grill marks to form.
- Serve the steaks with the roasted cherry tomatoes and mixed salad leaves with the horseradish crème fraîche on the side.