by Dr. Oetker
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 12 people
Add all ingredients Select All
FOR THE BISUITS
125 g Caster Sugar
375 g Plain Flour
250 g Unsalted Butter
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
FOR THE CHOCOLATE BARK
50 g Dr. Oetker 26% White Chocolate
150 g Dr. Oetker 35% Milk Chocolate
FOR THE MERINGUES
100 g Caster Sugar
0.25 tsp Dr. Oetker Cream of Tartar Sachets
2 medium Egg Whites
- For the biscuit; in a large bowl, beat together the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla.
- Add in the flour and beat together until it forms a dough. Divide the dough into three equally sized pieces.
- Between two large pieces of parchment, roll out the first piece of dough to about 5mm thick. Place a 20cm cake tin or bowl on top of your rolled-out dough. Use a knife to gently cut around the bowl, without cutting through the paper. Add a 10cm cake tin or bowl to the middle and cut around that as well, and remove the excess dough.
- Repeat the process again for the other two layers.
- Place the three large biscuits in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or in the freezer for 10 minutes. These can be made the day before, once kept chilled in the fridge.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4. Gently lift the parchment with the biscuit onto a baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until they are a light golden colour. Leave the biscuits to cool fully on the tray.
- For the meringues - Preheat the oven to 120°C/100°C fan/gas mark 1-2. Line two baking trays with non-stick parchment paper.
- In a large clean bowl, whisk together the egg whites until they begin to form soft peaks. Whisking constantly, add one teaspoon of caster sugar at a time. Continue adding the sugar until all of it has been incorporated.
- Add the Cream of Tartar and continue to whisk for 10 minutes until the meringue is glossy and very stiff.
- Add the meringue mix into a piping bag with a small star nozzle. Pipe tiny meringue kisses with roughly a 1-2cm base until the meringue mix is used.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the meringues to cool in the oven for 30 minutes.
- For the chocolate bark - in two separate bowls, melt the chocolate according to pack instructions.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick parchment paper. Spread the melted milk chocolate on the tray adding dollops of the white chocolate on top.
- Using a skewer, swirl the chocolate together to give a marble effect. Place the chocolate in the fridge for 5 minutes or until set. Once set use a sharp knife to cut the chocolate into small shards.
- To Assemble - add a teaspoon of buttercream onto your serving plate to stick the first biscuit down. Soften your tubs of Dr. Oetker Vanilla Buttercream Style Icing by giving it a light beat with a spatula. Spoon the buttercream into a piping bag fitted with a round nozzle.
- Gently add on your first biscuit disk to your serving plate, and pipe on your buttercream in small dollops all the way around.
- Gently add the second biscuit on top and repeat! Repeat this step one final time with the third biscuit.
- To decorate; add a mix of your meringues and chocolate bark. Add a mix of fresh berries (raspberries, blueberries and strawberries) and edible flowers. Enjoy!