by Kevin Dundon
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 kg Baby Potatoes
25 g Butter
1 medium Egg Wash
. made of 1 yolk combined with 1 tsp milk
1 handfull Fresh Herbs
, to garnish
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 medium Onion
2 tbsp Sage
, plus extra to serve
0.5 bulb Smoked Garlic
, cut horizontally
1 pack SuperValu Signature Tastes Irish Hereford Sirloin Beef Wellington
100 g SuperValu Signature Tastes Smoked Allenwood Cheddar
- Preheat oven to 180˚C. Place the baby potatoes, halved garlic bulb and onions in a saucepan and fill with water and a pinch of salt. Bring the water to the boil then reduce heat and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- Drain the potatoes with the garlic and onion. While still warm, lay the potatoes, onion and garlic on a baking tray and lightly press to smash the potatoes.
- Next, drizzle with oil, Cheddar, butter, sage and extra salt and pepper if needed. Place in the oven and roast for 25 to 30 minutes until coloured.
- In the meantime, place the Beef Wellington on a second baking tray and brush with extra egg wash.
- Place in the oven and roast for 20 to 35 minutes depending on your preference (20 minutes for rare, 30 minutes for medium or 35 to 40 minutes for well done). Remove from the oven and let to rest for 5 minutes.
- Carve the Beef Wellington and serve with the smashed baby potatoes. Garnish with some fresh herbs and enjoy while warm.