Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
FOR THE DECORATION CONFIT
50 g Caster Sugar
50 ml ClemenGold Mandarin
1 medium ClemenGold Mandarin
, thinly sliced
50 ml Water
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface. Line the pastry in a tart tin with a removable bottom (8 or 10 inch tin is perfect). Place in the fridge to set for 30 minutes.
- Place parchment paper over the pastry and fill with blind baking beans.
- Place in the oven and blind bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and remove the ceramic beans. Drop the oven temperature to 150˚C.
- In the meantime, combine 200g caster sugar, 100ml
ClemenGold® mandarin juice, the zest of one ClemenGold®
mandarin, eggs and corn flour until fully combined. Pour the
mixture over the blind baked tart.
- Place the tart back in the oven for a further 25-30 minutes or until the topping has set and very lightly coloured. The centre should no longer move when you shake the tart.
- Remove from the oven and cool at room temperature for 20 minutes then transfer to the fridge for 2 hours to set fully.
- Meanwhile, prepare the decoration. For the confit put the
caster sugar, ClemenGold® mandarin juice and water in a small
saucepan and bring to the boil. Bring the syrup to the boil for 30 seconds to dissolve the sugar crystals.
- Add the slices of mandarin and immediately remove
from the heat. Set aside to cool until needed.
- When the tart has cooled, very lightly place the confit ClemenGold® mandarin slices over the tart. Store in the fridge and serve within 2 days.