Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
100 g Baby Leaves
1 medium Carrots
remove skin then peel into ribbons
2 medium Duck Breasts
1 clove Garlic
3 cm Ginger
peeled and grated
1 medium Red Chilli
remove seeds and finely chop (optional)
1 tbsp Sesame Oil
1 tsp Sesame Seeds
1 medium Spring Onions
trimmed & sliced
50 g Sugar Snap Peas
3 tbsp Sunflower Oil
3 tbsp SuperValu Signature Tastes Hoisin Sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Score the duck skin diagonally, being careful not to cut through to the meat. Season with salt, place the duck skin-side down, onto a cold, dry pan over a low-medium heat. Cook for 10-15 min or until skin is golden brown and crispy, skin-side down only.
2. Once golden, transfer the duck, skin-side up, to a baking tray. Put the tray into the oven for 10-12 minutes for medium cooked. Time can vary depending on thickness of the meat. Cook for 5 minutes further if you prefer your duck well done. Once cooked, set the duck aside, cover, and leave to rest for at least 10 minutes.
3. For the dressing, combine the hoisin and toasted sesame oil with ginger, garlic, half the chilli and 2-3 tbsp. of oil.
4. Once the duck has rested for 10 minutes, transfer it to a clean board and finely slice.
5. Divide the baby leaf salad between two plates, top with the carrot and sugar snap peas. Drizzle the hoisin dressing all over and top with the sliced duck breast.
6. Garnish with the sliced spring onion, sesame seeds and remaining chopped chilli.