SuperValu Range scoops up the accolades at the Great Taste Awards
2012 proves record year for SuperValu as 33 SuperValu Range Products take home the prestigious food award.
SuperValu’s Own Brand Range has swept the boards at the internationally renowned Great Taste Awards - securing 33 awards across a diverse range of quality food products. These accolades represent a record win for SuperValu - Ireland’s leading independent supermarket network - and signify a further independent endorsement in the quality, taste and depth of range available within the SuperValu Range. This means that not only has SuperValu’s Own Brand range grown by 20% since its launch earlier this year - reflecting the huge level of confidence in the brand from Irish shopper - but now the Great Taste Awards have added a further superb mark of endorsement from industry expert.
We are incredibly proud that our SuperValu Own Brand range has featured so prominently at the Great Taste Awards
Launched in February of this year the range represents the biggest product launch in SuperValu’s history. At its core the range is rooted in the SuperValu commitment to sourcing from Irish suppliers where possible and is a reflection of the real passion to deliver against the highest food benchmarks. For example, 100% of SuperValu’s meat including beef, lamb, pork, bacon and chicken is born, bred and reared in Ireland from suppliers hand chosen and mentored by the brand. The SuperValu Range is on average 33% less than the brand equivalent, and in addition to this superb value, it does not compromise on the standards of quality that shopper’s expect from the SuperValu network.
Among the 33 products which secured an award were the delicious SuperValu Wiltshire Ham on the bone, produced by Brady’s; SuperValu Fresh Pasta Fusilli and SuperValu Supreme Truffle Fudge Irish Dairy Ice Cream, which is produced by SilverPail in Fermoy Co. Cork.
Speaking about the awards, Martin Kelleher, Managing Director, SuperValu, said: “We are incredibly proud that our SuperValu Own Brand range has featured so prominently at the Great Taste Awards. To have 33 of our products receive independent recognition at this level is a tremendous achievement for the brand, our team and our SuperValu retail partners.”
“SuperValu continues to recognise excellence, quality and innovation within the Irish food and beverage sector. As a business we are committed to supporting Irish as much as possible; we are incredibly proud of the fact that 75% of everything on our shelves is sourced or produced in Ireland. Recent research has shown that consumers want more Irish produce and want to support local in this difficult economic period. SuperValu is a business that prides itself on listening to what the Irish consumer wants and we are continuing to shape our own brand offer in response to the changing demands of the Irish public. Importantly we are doing this without compromising our support for Irish suppliers, brands and jobs. No one can match SuperValu’s credentials when it comes to supporting Irish at a great value price,” he continued.
The Great Taste Awards are widely regarded as the most trusted and recognised food and drink awards. Each food entered receives feedback from a panel of over 300 judges, helping food producers and suppliers constantly improve and refine their food offerings.
SuperValu's Great Taste 2012 award winners include:
- SuperValu Wiltshire Ham on the Bone – Produced by Brady’s
- SuperValu Supreme Vanilla Yogurt – Produced by Irish Yogurts
- SuperValu Apricot Jam – Produced by Materne Confilux
- SuperValu Supreme Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice 1ltr – Produced by Sunshine Juice
- SuperValu Supreme Still Lemonade 1ltr – Produced by Sunshine Juice
- SuperValu Homestyle Ham – Produced by Brady’s
- SuperValu Supreme Black Pudding – Produced by Brady’s
- SuperValu Supreme White Pudding – Produced by Brady’s
- SuperValu Part Boned Chicken Breast Garlic Kiev – Produced by Carton Bro’s
- SuperValu Supreme Honey Roast Rashers – Produced by Carty
- SuperValu Supreme Cherrywood Rashers – Produced by Carty
- SuperValu Supreme Potatoe Gratin – Produced by Dunhill
- SuperValu Supreme Cauliflower Cheese – Produced by Dunhill
- SuperValu Applewood & Oakwood Smoked Salmon 200g – Produced by Dunn’s Seafare
- SuperValu Goats Cheese – Produced by Five Mile Town
- SuperValu Supreme Orange Blossom Honey – Produced by Healy’s Honey
- SuperValu Stuffed Lamb Rack with Redcurrent & Rosemary Stuffing – Produced by Kepak Ltd
- SuperValu Honeycomb Ice Cream – Produced by Lakeland Dairies
- SuperValu Fresh Spaghetti Pasta – Produced by Lazzaroni
- SuperValu Fresh Pasta Fusilli – Produced by Lazzaroni
- SuperValu Irish Lamb & Mint Dinner Sausage – Produced by Mallons
- SuperValu Supreme Strawberry Conserve – Produced by Materne Confilux
- SuperValu Yoghurt Rice Cakes – Produced by National Organic Products Ltd
- SuperValu Chunky Cod – Produced by Northern Foods
- SuperValu Smoked Salmon & Mushroom Pie – Produced by Prestige Foods
- SuperValu Irish Beef & Stout Pie – Produced by Prestige Foods
- SuperValu Supreme Christmas Pudding – Produced by Seery’s
- SuperValu Supreme Truffle Fudge Irish Dairy Ice Cream – Produced by SilverPail
- SuperValu Supreme Grapefruit 1ltr – Produced by Sunshine Juice
- SuperValu Hi Fibre Seeded Loaf 400g - Produced by McCarlain's Bakery Ltd
- SuperValu Ready Smoked Bacon Rack – Produced by Carty Ltd
- SuperValu Oakwood Smoked Cheddar Wedge 142g - Produced by Five Mile Town