These delicious homemade sausage rolls are a healthier alternative to the salt laden supermarket kind. With added veggies for an extra kick, they make a great baby led weaning finger food. Team with some tomato sauce as a dip for a tasty snack the whole family will love.
Serves: 16 people
1 - Fresh Egg
2 cloves Garlic
1 - Onion
1 portion Puff Pastry
fresh or frozen
1 - SuperValu Carrot
1 medium SuperValu Courgette
3 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Breadcrumbs
or oat flour
2 tsp SuperValu Oregano
300 g SuperValu Quality Irish Minced Pork
*This recipe makes 16.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C. Prepare a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Remove pastry from the freezer and set on the countertop to soften. (If using homemade, prepare this first).
2. Place the pork, onion, garlic and grated veg in a food processor. Blitz for 20-30 seconds.
3. Mix the herbs and spices to the flour/breadcrumbs and mix. Add to the pork mix and blend until combined. Transfer to a large bowl and cover. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes
4. Meanwhile prepare the pastry by rolling and dividing into 2 rectangles.
5. Remove the pork mix from the fridge. Divide in half and spread half the mix onto each pastry strip. Fold the pastry into a roll using a fork to press the edges together.*
*If freezing, cut each roll into 8 and place in freezer using a pot from the Large Mixed Set now.
6. Brush with beaten egg. Slice each pastry strip into 8. Bake for 25-35 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Allow to cool before serving.
This recipe is perfect for weaning babies at stages 2+ of their weaning journey. 1-2 rolls as a finger food with some Easy Tomato Sauce for dipping makes a perfect baby led weaning treat!