The fat from the roast meat really makes the best roast potatoes.
Serves: 4 people
2 cloves Garlic
1 pinch Salt
2 sprigs SuperValu Fresh Rosemary
900 g SuperValu Potatoes
cut into large, even-sized chunks, use Rooster or Golden Wonder
100 g SuperValu Signature Tastes Duck Fat
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas mark 7.
- Place the potatoes in a pan of cold salted water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, until the outsides have just softened. Drain and return to the pan for a minute or two to dry out.
- Meanwhile, preheat a roasting tin with 4 tablespoons of duck fat for a few minutes, until just smoking.
- Put the lid back on the potatoes and shake vigorously to break up and soften the edges or roughly prod the outside of the potatoes with a fork. Carefully tip them into the roasting tin, basting the potatoes with the melted fat. Add the remaining duck fat to the tin along with the garlic and rosemary.
- Cook the potatoes in the oven for 20 minutes, then turn them over. Season to taste with salt and cook for a further 10 minutes, until crispy around the edges and golden brown.
- To serve, tip the roast potatoes into a warmed serving dish.