I think cheese & onion flavour crisps work best but other varieties can be just as nice!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
0 - Black Pepper
0.5 tsp Cayenne Pepper
4 - Chicken Fillets
sliced into strips
2 - Fresh Egg
1 clove Garlic
0.5 tsp Paprika
150 g Parmesan Cheese
0 - Plain Flour
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
0 - SuperValu Salt
8 packets Tayto Cheese and Onion Crisps
750 ml SuperValu Buttermilk
- Ideally, marinade the chicken overnight or at least for a few hours in the fridge. Just combine all of the marinade ingredients, add the chicken strips and cover with cling film, leave in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Bash the crisps with a rolling pin until crumbed, add the cheese, season and mix well.
- Put the beaten egg into a bowl, flour in a second one and the crisps in a third one.
- Dust the chicken in the flour, dip into the egg mix, shake off any excess, then coat in the crisp/ cheese mixture.
- Repeat the process until all are completed.
- Add these to a lightly oiled oven tray and cook for 12-15 minutes, turning once half way through cooking. They should be a nice golden colour once cooked.
- Serve immediately with some rustic home made wedges and a spicey salsa.