A perfect summer picnic accompaniment.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 6 people
Add all ingredients Select All
170 g Caster Sugar
65 g Dried Apricots
65 g SuperValu Cooking Apple
1 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Ginger
65 g SuperValu Onion
500 g SuperValu Pears
diced and chopped
170 g SuperValu Plum Tomatoes
1 tsp SuperValu Salt
100 ml SuperValu White Wine Vinegar
- Combine all ingredients (except the pears) in a large thick bottomed pan.
- Simmer uncovered for approximately 1 hour and then add in the diced pears
- Stir and continue to simmer until the pears are gently cooked and the consistency is thick and pulpy.
- Transfer to clean sterilised jars and cover immediately.
Hints & Tips
- The chutney needs to be stirred very often to prevent it from sticking to the base of the pot.
- To sterilise the jars wash them in the glass washer (ensuring water is clean) and then place on shelves in the oven (without anything else in the oven) at 140C for 20 minutes.