An impressive dessert, delicious with mascarpone or your favourite ice-cream!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 8 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 large Fresh Egg
450 g Shortcrust Pastry
0 - SuperValu Apricot Jam
100 g SuperValu Butter
25 g SuperValu Cornflour
50 g SuperValu Goodness Flaked Almonds
100 g SuperValu Ground Almonds
100 g SuperValu Icing Sugar
4 large SuperValu Pears
2 tbsp Water
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface.
- Prepare an 8 inch tart tin by lightly greasing and place the pastry on top.
- Press the pastry into the edges and trim.
- Prepare the pears by peeling and slicing each pear in half, remove the seeds.
- In a large saucepan, add one and a half pints of water, the caster sugar and lemon wedges.
- Bring the mixture to the boil then reduce the heat to a simmer and add the pears.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes until the pears have softened, remove the pears from the syrup and allow to cool.
- To make the almond mix place the butter, sugar, ground almonds, corn flour and eggs into a bowl and whisk until the mixture is smooth in consistency.
- Pour the mixture over the pastry, and place the halved pears on top.
- Sprinkle with the flaked almonds. Place in a preheated oven at 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 for 30-40 minutes until golden brown on top.
- To make the glaze mix 1 tablespoon of apricot jam with 2 tablespoons of water and heat over a moderate heat until the jam has dissolved.
- Remove the tart from the oven and glaze immediately.