Chicken fillets can be butterflied and stuffed with an array of seasonal ingredients. Don't overcook the fillets, though, or they may become dry. Try wrapping them in some smoked bacon as an alternative to parma ham.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 pinch Black Pepper
25 g Butter
4 - Chicken Fillets
1 - Lemon
1 pinch Salt
200 g Spinach
washed and trimmed
1 bunch SuperValu Fresh Parsley
8 slices SuperValu Parma Ham
or smoked bacon
4 tbsp SuperValu Pine Nuts
200 g SuperValu Ricotta
50 ml White Wine
- Preheat the oven to 180oC/gas mark 4.
- Melt the butter in a large pan set over a medium heat. Add the spinach and white wine and cook for 1 or 2 minutes, until wilted, then season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and place in a colander to drain the excess liquid and cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine the drained spinach with the ricotta, parsley, pine nuts and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper.
- Butterfly the chicken fillets by slicing through them horizontally, but don't cut all the way through to the end. Open the fillets out like a book and place them flat on a large cutting board. Season lightly with salt and pepper, then divide the ricotta stuffing between the fillets. Bring the sides of each fillet together to create a pocket that encloses the stuffing. Wrap each fillet in 2 slices of parma ham and secure with toothpicks.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish and cook in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until the chicken is completely cooked through.
*Serve immediately with some mashed potatoes or side salad.
If you're watching your fat intake, use low-fat ricotta.