These spicy homemade burgers are great as you can season them to your very own taste. Play around with the toppings for a delicious burger that you don't need to feel guilty after.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 pinch Black Pepper
0.5 tsp Chilli Powder
0.5 tsp Dried Basil Leaves
1 - Fresh Egg
1 clove Garlic
1 - Red Onion
1 pinch Salt
1 drop SuperValu Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 medium SuperValu Potatoes
500 g lean minced beef
- Preheat the oven to 190oC/gas mark 5.
- Place the potatoes on a baking tray and brush with olive oil, then sprinkle with a little salt. Bake in the oven for 60 to 80 minutes, until slightly soft and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, to make the burgers, beat the egg with the garlic, basil, chilli powder and some salt and pepper.
- Place the beef mince and red onion in a large bowl and mix together using your hands until just combined. Add the egg and mix well using your hands again, then form into 4 burgers. Place on a plate and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Grease a baking tray with a little olive oil, then place the burgers on the tray. Cook in the oven with the potatoes for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on how well done you like your burgers.