We made mini muffins here, but larger ones work just as well. You'll get about 12 larger muffins and two large muffins make a good main course serving.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 18 people
Add all ingredients Select All
0.5 tsp Black Pepper
100 g Couscous
or quinoa (regular or whole wheat)
30 g Dried Cranberries
3 cloves Garlic
3 tbsp Golden Flaxseed
400 g Lentils
drained and rinsed
150 g Mushrooms
2 - Onions
1 tsp Sea Salt
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 handfull SuperValu Baby Spinach
1 - SuperValu Carrot
150 g SuperValu Goodness Walnuts
1 tbsp Yeast
1 drop SuperValu Signature Tastes Cranberry Sauce
*This recipe makes 18.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Line an 18-hole mini muffin tray with paper cases.
2. Put the couscous in a heatproof bowl and pour in enough boiling water to cover the top of it. Cover the bowl with a plate and leave to puff up for 5 minutes. If you want to make these mini muffins gluten free, use 200g cooked quinoa instead of couscous.
3. Add the mushrooms, onions, carrots and garlic to a food processor and blend for about 30 seconds, until well combined. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
4. Add all the remaining ingredients to the food processor and blend until reasonably smooth, but not like baby food! You still want some texture. You may need to scrape down the sides of the bowl once or twice. Transfer to the mixing bowl with the veg and stir to combine.
5. Spoon the mixture into the cases. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes, then leave to cool for a couple of minutes before eating. Serve with cranberry sauce.