Don't underestimate the nutritional power of the turkey curry! This curry recipe is high in protein and rich in antioxidants from the inclusion of spices and fresh herbs.
Preparation time: 10 minutes•
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 people
*This recipe serves 4 to 6.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan set over a medium-high heat before adding the carrots, red pepper, onion, garlic, chillies and ginger. Stir for a couple of minutes, being careful not to let it burn. Add the red curry paste and cook for 3 more minutes.
3. Add the coconut milk and bring to a gentle simmer for 5 minutes, then add the lime juice and honey. Continue to simmer.
4. Cut the cooked turkey into bite-sized pieces or slices and add to the curry along with the cashews and raisins. Simmer for 10 minutes, then stir in the basil and half of the coriander.
5. To make the spiced rice, heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan set over a medium heat. Add the onion, pepper, garlic and chillies and cook for 5 minutes, until softened. Add the chilli powder, paprika, cumin seeds and crumbled chicken stock cube, mixing well. Cook for 5 minutes more, until all the ingredients are well combined.
6. Add the rice to the pan followed by the boiling water and gently stir to incorporate all the rice. Simmer for 20 minutes, until all the water has been absorbed into the rice.
7. Fluff up the rice with a fork and serve with the turkey curry, garnishing with the remaining coriander.