This is a wonderfully decadent cheesecake recipe to impress your guests, nobody would guess how easy it is.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 12 people
Add all ingredients Select All
FOR THE BISCUIT BASE
50 g Digestive Biscuits
300 g Shortbread Biscuits
130 g Unsalted Butter
, at room temperature
FOR THE CHEESECAKE LAYER
60 ml Cream
800 g Cream Cheese
150 g Icing Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Start with the biscuit base, put biscuits and butter in food processor and mix until well combined. Put into a greased 10-inch cake tin and press down.
- Put the ingredients of the cheesecake mixture in a bowl and mix using a hand mixer. Add the cheese mixture on top of the biscuit and place in fridge until your salted caramel sauce is done.
- For the salted caramel sauce put caster sugar in a pan at medium heat and stir until it becomes a brown liquid consistency. Turn off the heat and add the butter until melted.
- Add a sprinkle of salt and the cream. You can put this back on the heat on low, stir until it becomes a thicker consistency. Add the pecans to the sauce and mix. Let cool slightly and pour over cake.
- Leave the cake in fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Tip: You can leave some of the caramel sauce for when you are serving the cake. Heat it and pour over full cake or over each slice.