Enjoy this chicken with some lightly wilted spinach and boiled or steamed potatoes.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 pinch Black Pepper
4 - Chicken Breast
3 tbsp Chicken Stock Cube
60 ml Double Cream
225 ml Irish Cider
1 pinch Salt
1 large SuperValu Cooking Apple
peeled, cored and finely chopped
60 g SuperValu Fresh Breadcrumbs
3 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Chives
or spring onions, chopped, plus extra to garnish
2 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Parsley
100 g White Pudding
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C/gas mark 3.
2. To make the stuffing, mix the apple, white pudding, breadcrumbs, chives and parsley together. Cut a small pocket in each chicken breast, making sure you don’t cut all the way through. Divide the stuffing in four and gently ease it into each pocket. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Choose a roasting tin just large enough to fit the chicken in a single layer, then pour in the cider. Cover with foil and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, then uncover the tin and cook for another 10 minutes, until the top of the chicken is lightly browned and the internal temperature has reached 70°C. Transfer the stuffed chicken breasts to a plate and keep warm.
4. Pour the cider from the roasting tin into a small saucepan along with the cream and chicken stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for about 8 minutes, until the sauce has reduced by half.
5. Cut each stuffed chicken breast in half on the diagonal and place on plates. Pour over the sauce and serve with a mound of lightly wilted spinach on the side and some boiled or steamed potatoes. Garnish with a few fresh chives.