Main purpose of the role:
Ensure the Fish Counter operates efficiently and effectively at all times and provide our customers with excellent quality products and services.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- 2 years` experience as a fishmonger is desirable
- Completion of a BIM Filleting and Cookery Programme is desirable
- Stocktaking experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to engage with and prioritise customer needs
- Strong attention to detail, organised and flexible
- Ability to use own initiative and work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Actively live SuperValu brand-values i.e. Genuine, Passion for Food, Vibrant, Committed, Innovative and Imaginative
- Drive sales through KPI reports, financial reports, brand initiatives, customer initiatives and employee knowledge
- Merchandise and present the department to the highest standard at all times
- Adhere to stocktaking procedures
- Purchase stock in accordance with procedures and control of stock rotation, so that quality and freshness of goods is of the highest standard
- Enhance product knowledge by gaining information from a range of sources and share ideas, suggestions, builds on existing procedures/processes with employees and management
- Attend and engage in management meetings and bring learnings and builds back to the team
- Adhere to the food safety quality policy and focus on continuous improvement.
Couldn't find the right job for you? Don't worry, tell us what you're looking for and we'll let you know as soon as we have an opening.
Centra is part of Musgrave, Ireland's leading food retail and wholesale company. Our brands, are market leaders. Check out our other brand for vacancies