These can be made in advance and frozen. Simply defrost them overnight and then cook as normal.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 25 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 tsp Chilli Powder
230 g Chorizo Sausages
raw, skin removed
1 - Fresh Egg
3 cloves Garlic
2 tsp Ground Cumin
2 tbsp Milk
3 tbsp Olive Oil
0.25 - Red Onion
1 pinch Salt
50 g SuperValu Fresh Breadcrumbs
3 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Coriander
chopped, plus extra leaves to garnish
50 g SuperValu Grated Cheddar Cheese
1 tsp SuperValu Oregano
450 g lean minced beef
1 drop SuperValu Signature Tastes Red Onion Relish
*This recipe makes 25 meatballs.
1. Grease a baking sheet with half of the olive oil and set aside.
2. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan set over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onion is transparent.
3. Meanwhile, beat the egg and milk together in a large bowl. Add the breadcrumbs, grated cheese, coriander, cumin, chilli
powder and oregano and mix thoroughly. Add the onion and garlic along with the beef, chorizo and a pinch of salt and mix together thoroughly.
4. Form the mixture into balls about 4cm in diameter and arrange on the oiled baking sheet. If possible, leave to rest for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
5. Preheat the oven to 230°C/gas mark 8.
6. Cook the meatballs in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until cooked through. Pile onto a serving platter and garnish with a few fresh coriander leaves. Serve with your favourite chutney or relish and some toothpicks on the side.