Summer Fruit Pavlova
This is a family favourite in the Dundon household, a promise of this after dinner ensures a clean plate! You can add your own variation of fruits, try kiwi and mango, or drizzle with passion fruit - always a winner.
- 1.5 SuperValu Egg Whites
- 87.5 g SuperValu Caster Sugar
- 0.13 tsp Cornflour
- 0.13 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 0.13 SuperValu White Wine Vinegar
- 62.5 ml pouring cream very softly whipped
- 75 g punnet SupeValu Strawberries cut into quarters
- 31.25 g punnet superValu Raspberries
- 31.25 g punnet SuperValu Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 120°C/240°F/Gas mark ½.
- Put the egg whites into a spotlessly clean mixing bowl of a kitchen aid and beat on full speed until quite stiffly beaten.
- Turn the speed of the mixer down and slowly add the sugar-adding just a little at a time.
- When all the sugar has been incorporated, add the vanilla essence, cornflour and vinegar and give one final whisk on high speed.
- When ready the mixture should be glossy and when the bowl is turned upside down the mixture should remain stationary in the bowl.
- Meanwhile prepare your tin. Line an oblong baking tray (13 x 9 inches/33 x 23cm) with parchment paper.
- You can either spread all the mixture out on the baking sheet or using a piping bag you can pipe the mixture out into attractive individual shapes (Meringue nests).
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour until the meringue mixture is very firm to touch but still soft on the middle.
- I normally leave mine to cool in the oven with the door ajar.
- When cold transfer to a serving platter and decorate with some freshly whipped cream.
- Pile the summer fruits on top of the pavlova and serve immediately!