Hearty Vegetable Soup
It freezes exceptionally well so you can just freeze it in small containers and regenerate as required.
- 50 g Butter
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 stick Celery
- 1 medium Leek
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 Sweet Potatoes
- 300 g butternut squash
- 2 medium Carrots
- 1200 ml chicken/vegetable stock
- To garnish
- 1 tbsp crème fraiche
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Begin by chopping all of the vegetables and garlic.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and then add in the vegetables.
- Sauté gently for 4-5 minutes until some of the smaller vegetables are beginning to soften.
- Next add in approximately two thirds of the chicken or vegetable stock and bring the mixture to a slow boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for an additional 15-20 minutes or until all of the vegetables have softened down completely.
- Using a hand blitzer, blitz the soup until it is nice and smooth. Return to the heat and bring back to a very gentle boil.
- If you would like a thinner soup, now would be the best time to add some additional stock to thin it down. Correct the seasoning at this stage also.
- Transfer it to your serving bowls or cups and garnish the soup with a little crème fraiche and chopped parsley.
- Serve as required or alternatively allow the soup to cool down and then transfer it into suitable containers and freeze until required.
Reviews Write Review
sh| December 27, 2013 at 12:20 am
Very easy to make and really tasty. Had this as part of Christmas dinner and everybody loved it even our 1 year old baby.
Sarah| February 24, 2013 at 9:01 am
I love this recipe, I buy the soup all the time and now I know how to make it at home! Yummy!!
Fi| February 21, 2013 at 8:03 pm
I made this soup today. Really great taste and filling. Best Veg soup recipe so far.
Pamela| February 20, 2013 at 12:29 pm
Celine| February 4, 2013 at 9:04 pm
My toddler LOVES this soup.
Vivian Mackessy| May 9, 2012 at 1:37 pm
Beautiful soup and very easy to make.
julie o'neill| January 20, 2012 at 12:21 pm
easy to make and really tasty . Great receipe.