Easter Bread and Butter Pudding
Delicious and simple.
- 1.5 packets SuperValu Hot Cross Buns (pack of 6)
- 300 g SuperValu Caster Sugar
- 4.5 large SuperValu Eggs
- 450 ml SuperValu Milk
- 90 g SuperValu Butter
- 150 ml SuperValu Pouring Cream
- 150 g SuperValu Brown Sugar
- 3 SuperValu Granny Smith Apples sliced and finely chopped
- 0.75 SuperValu Lemon juiced
- Place a large non stick frying pan on a medium heat and add the sugar and lemon juice.
- Allow the sugar to dissolve to create a caramel.
- Stir in 30g butter and add the sliced apples, cooking for 3-4 minutes until the apples have softened and slightly caramelized.
- Slice the hot cross buns, and place on a baking tray.
- Place under the grill to toast and allow to cool.
- Spread the remaining butter over the toasted surface of the buns and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Layer the bottom half of the six buns in the dish, then add the caramelized apples.
- Place the tops of the buns on top.
- Meanwhile to prepare the custard break the eggs into a bowl and add the caster sugar.
- Pour the milk and cream into a saucepan and bring to the boil, remove from the heat and pour into the egg mixture, stirring continuously.
- Ladle the custard over the hot cross buns and place in a preheated oven at 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3 for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.