Chocolate & Candied Orange Tart
This is a gorgeous, indulgent chocolate dessert, perfect for any occasion. Why not try adding your favourite liqueur or nuts to the ganache for extra flavour.
- Sweet Pastry
- 137.5 g SuperValu Butter diced
- 162.5 g SuperValu Sugar
- 1.25 SuperValu Egg
- 156.25 g SuperValu Plain Flour
- 187.5 g Dark Chocolate melted
- 175 g Milk Chocolate melted
- 300 ml SuperValu Cream
- 150 ml SuperValu Milk
- 1.25 SuperValu Egg beaten
- Candied Oranges
- 2.5 SuperValu Fresh Oranges
- 75 g SuperValu Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the butter and sugar in a large glass bowl, add the flour and combine together until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the egg using a spoon and bring the ingredients together to form the pastry.
- Wrap the pastry in clingfilm and place in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Roll the pastry out on a lightly floured surface and place over a greased 9” fluted pie dish. Blind bake for 20 minutes and set aside to prepare the ganache and candied orange.
- Cut the orange zest into thin strips. Using a sharp knife remove the pith from the peel. Blanch the peel for 2 minutes in a pan of boiling water, drain off the water and repeat.
- With just the peel in the pan, add the sugar and 30ml of water cook for 30 minutes on a very low heat. Allow to cool.
- To prepare the ganache, pour the cream and milk into a pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and add the chocolate, whisk to obtain a smooth cream.
- Add the beaten egg when the mixture has slightly cooled.
- To assemble, place the orange zest on the pastry base retaining a spoonful for decoration. Pour over the chocolate ganache and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Allow to cool, then decorate with the remaining zest.
- Serve with lashings of whipped cream or your favourite ice cream.
Chocolate & Candied Orange Tart,