Real Rewards Terms and Conditions
The Real Rewards Programme
The SuperValu Real Rewards Programme is a customer loyalty programme operated by your local SuperValu, with the assistance of Musgrave Retail Partners Ireland (Musgrave).
Under the Real Rewards Programme you may apply to open a Real Rewards account with your local SuperValu and you can start collecting points immediately using your personal Key Fobs.
There are two reward categories which you can collect for in all SuperValu stores throughout the Republic of Ireland – our famous Getaway Breaks and our great Product Rewards Collection. You automatically accumulate points for BOTH as you shop and you can redeem these against the offers which feature in our Real Rewards Catalogue.
In addition to all of these great benefits, you can collect and redeem points against any special local promotions running in the SuperValu store where your Real Rewards Key Fob was issued.
- The SuperValu Real Rewards Key Fobs are issued by your local SuperValu and remain the property of Musgrave and your local SuperValu. Both your local SuperValu and Musgrave reserve the right to decline issue or withdraw the Real Rewards Key Fobs or Points at any time, or to alter, amend or terminate the Real Rewards Programme at any time without prior notice and participants in the Real Rewards Programme may be removed from the Programme at any time at the discretion of your local SuperValu or Musgrave.
- All participants in the Real Rewards Programme must reside in the Republic of Ireland and must be at least 18 years old on the date of issue of their Key Fob.
- The Real Rewards Key Fob is non-transferable. It can only be used by the original applicant or by a member of that applicant’s immediate family, provided they are over 18 years of age and reside at the same address as the applicant.
- The Real Rewards Key Fobs can be used in all SuperValu stores participating in the Real Rewards Programme to collect Points on Getaway Breaks and the Real Rewards Product Catalogue. To collect any other Points it can only be used in your local SuperValu where the Key Fob was issued, or any Supervalu that is participating in a group promotion with your local SuperValu.
- The SuperValu Real Rewards Programme is for consumer participation only.
- The Key Fob holders are responsible for the proper use and security of the Key Fobs and the Points accumulated on them.
- To collect Points, a customer must present his/ her Real Rewards Key Fob at the checkout during a transaction.
- There must be a spend of at least €1 in a single transaction for that transaction to qualify for the collection of Points.
- For every €1 spent in a single transaction, 1 Point will be awarded, redeemable against items in the Real Rewards Catalogue and 1 Point will be awarded redeemable against SuperValu Getaway Breaks. Concurrently, 1 Point may be awarded, redeemable against other local rewards specific to the store in which the Key Fob was issued. Therefore in the case of a transaction worth €37.59 completed in a store running the Real Rewards, a customer can expect to receive 37 Points redeemable against items in the Real Rewards Product catalogue, 37 Points redeemable against a SuperValu Getaway Break, and 37 Points redeemable against any other local rewards that may be running in the store at a particular time.
- Normally Points are awarded concurrently and are intended to be redeemable against different rewards and are not transferable between different rewards. Therefore 10 Points left over after a customer has taken a Getaway Break can only be used against further Getaway Breaks and will not be redeemable against other rewards.
- Points will not be awarded upon the purchase of the following goods: Lotto and lottery tickets, phone top-up vouchers, call cards, gift vouchers, postage stamps, savings stamps, tobacco products, medicines, and infant formula products. Other products and ranges may be excluded at any time and without prior notice and such changes will be at the discretion of your local SuperValu or Musgrave or as directed by Irish or EU legislation.
- Points collected do not have any monetary value and cannot be exchanged for cash
- Redemption of national rewards (Getaway Breaks and Product Catalogue) can be done using the www.supervalu.ie website or the Real Rewards customer telephone number. Redemption of local store rewards can only happen in the store in which your Key Fob was issued.
- In order to redeem Points, enough Points must have been accumulated to cover the full requirements of individual reward offers. In cases where the amount of Points collected does not meet the requirements of a particular reward, those Points cannot be used as partial redemption for that reward.
- The general Getaway Break conditions feature on supervalu.ie
- In the case of all rewards, upon redemption, the appropriate number of Points will be removed from the customer’s Key Fob. Redemption of Points within any element of the Real Rewards Programme will have no effect on Points accumulated towards other rewards in the programme. For example, Points collected for a Getaway Break will not be affected upon the redemption of points collected and redeemed against an item in the Real Rewards Catalogue.
- Redemption of special local store-specific rewards can only be availed of or redeemed by using a key fob issued by that particular store.
- Points do have an expiry date which varies by reward category (local store-specific reward offers, Getaway Breaks and Real Reward product catalogue offers). Expiry date details are contained within the terms and conditions specific to each reward category and may be subject to change.
- All rewards must be availed of within the time periods advised in the terms and conditions specific to each reward.
- All rewards are subject to availability and may be altered or withdrawn.
- The promoter of the SuperValu Real Rewards Programme is Musgrave Limited trading as Musgrave Retail Partners Ireland, Ballycurreen, Airport Road, Cork. Company Reg. No. 1776.
- Customers can hold more than one Key Fob, by applying in more than one store.
- In the event that a member’s Key Fob is damaged, lost or stolen, a replacement Key Fob will be available. Replacement Key Fobs must be picked up at the member’s local store and taken to customer services for registration.
- Key Fobs that have not been used for a period of 12 months will be deemed invalid and any points that have accumulated on those fobs will be cancelled.
- Personal details that you supply during the application process will be held by Musgrave and your local SuperValu in the strictest confidence. Other than as stated below, no supplied information will be divulged to anyone or any organisation outside of SuperValu or Musgrave. We may, however, use the information you supply for the following purposes: To help manage the SuperValu Real Rewards Programme and improve the way we run it. To help us understand our customers’ shopping habits
- We may also use information relating to sets or groups of customers, without identifying individuals, to enhance our understanding of customer behaviour and enable us to improve our service in general.
- You have the right to request your data currently held by us and to rectify or remove personal details, by writing to SuperValu Real Rewards Administration, Musgrave Retail Partners, Tramore Road Cork. You can also access your data in store via customer services and online. If you wish to change your details you can do so at customer services, online at www.supervalu.ie, and also via a Change of Details form that will be provided in store for those who do not have online access.